The Sport Day timings have now been finalised and are laid out clearly below. Please note that Year 5 are going first followed by year 1, 2,3, 4 and then year 6. A separate letter will go out with the full details of sports day but timings will be the same as these. Parents and carers are very welcome to come along. If you are attending please follow the following basic steps and it will help both days run smoothly.
* Enter the school through the main gate
* Sign the register at one of the tables
* Wear the sticker you are given so it can be seen clearly. If you are not wearing a sticker you will be challenged as to who you are and why you are at the school.
* In the morning session you are free to follow your child as they compete in Long Jump, Howler Throw, Sprint and Long Distance Run.
* In the afternoon sessions for the running finals please sit on the chairs in the shade of the trees.
* Please stay off the track at all times.
* Photographs and video or both fine but do not publish these on social media unless it is your child and please do not put the names of other children with their photograph on any social media site.
Our sports day is competitive and we are proud of this. However, this does not mean we only care about winning. Participation is everything and every child’s effort is equally important. Please support all the children with encouragement and enthusiasm.
EYFS Sports Day Timings
Wednesday 27th June
Morning Session: 10:00 – 11:15
All Butterflies, All-day Caterpillars & Morning only Caterpillars
Afternoon Session: 13:00 – 14:15
All Butterflies, All-day Caterpillars & Afternoon only Caterpillars
Lower School and Upper School Sports Day Timings
Thursday 28th June
These have changed so please take note.
09:00 – 09:30 Year 5
09:30 – 10:15 Year 1
10:15 – 11:00 Year 2
11:00 – 11:40 Year 3
11:40 – 12:20 Year 4
12:20 – 12:50 Year 6
There is often a queue to register even though we do it as fast as we can so please arrive in plenty of time for your child’s year.
The afternoon session if for the running finalists. The 8 fastest boys and 8 fastest girls from the morning sessions will run again in front of the whole school cheered on by their houses. Parents and carers will be notified by the Hanwell Fields sports Twitter feed. This is @Hanwell Sports. We should be able to notify the finalists within a couple of minutes of the year group finishing and we will put these on the boards at the entrance to the event as soon as we have them.