What does a Family Welfare and Safeguarding Co-ordinator do?
Here are some of the tasks and responsibilities:
- Act as a link between home and school including making home visits or meeting at other suitable locations
- Offer a range of services to children and families requiring support and information or sign post to other support services for families in need
- Help children and families to increase school attendance and minimise absences
- Work with children on a 1:1 or small group basis
- Talk with and support children in school and encourage them, through direct contact, to be positive about their future
- Support parents to develop and maintain a positive relationship with the school and overcome barriers to learning
- Strengthen Families Facilitator
- Bounce Back Programme for children
- Family Links Facilitator
- Domestic Abuse Champion
What concerns does the FWSC deal with?
The service is here to support children and families/carers with a wide range of issues and concerns. A few examples have been listed below:
- Lack of confidence and low self-esteem
- Home circumstances
- Home-School relationship
Children achieve more when both home and school are working in partnership to support a child's development. The aim is to encourage and maintain a strong, positive partnership between home and school.
If you have any concerns please feel free to call in and see the FWSC at School or contact by telephone 01295 709583 or email firstname.lastname@example.org