Please ask at Reception for details of the next Family Links Course.
What is Family Links?
Family Links trains parenting support workers and school staff to use the Nurturing Programme. This emotional health and wellbeing programme for adults and children is delivered in the following ways
- 10-week parenting groups
- one-to-one with parents and their children
- whole school programme for staff and children
A core part of the Nurturing Programme is an invitation to parents, carers and teachers to address their own needs. When adults are emotionally secure it is easier to get the best out of the children in their care. Family Links is a national UK charity established in 1997 with offices in Oxford and Hull.
For further information, please visit http://www.familylinks.org.uk/
What is the Nurturing Programme?
The Nurturing Programme builds on our existing parenting skills and helps us think about
* why children behave as they do
* the feelings behind behaviour (ours and theirs)
* different approaches to discipline
* developing co-operation and self-discipline in children
* the importance of looking after ourselves
This Programme is for anyone who cares for children: parents, grandparents, guardians or carers. It can be accessed through 10-week parenting courses, on-line and through the illustrated, informal course book The Parenting Puzzle. An audio CD is also now available.
The Programme is based on 4 building blocks to help you have a happy family life: