In the event of inclement weather, and once a decision has been made to close the school, the following actions will take place:
- We will announce the closure using the following forms of notification
- Sending a text message to parents; a text alert will be sent to the main contact for your child. Sometimes this is not always reliable especially at times of high demand on mobile networks and demands are greater when travel arrangements are disrupted. It is important that you let the school office know if you change your mobile telephone number, so we can update our systems.
- publishing on the school website @ https://www.hanwellfieldscommunityschool.org.uk/
- publishing on the local authority website @ https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/residents/schools/emergency-school-closures
- local radio stations, who will broadcast the closure;
- BBC Radio Oxford FM 95.2 @ https://www.bbc.co.uk/radiooxford
- Heart FM 102.6/97.4 @ https://www.heart.co.uk/oxfordshire/
- Banbury Sound @ http://www.banburysound.co.uk/
- Jack FM 106.8 @ https://www.jackfm.co.uk
- This is the means by which we will communicate with all parents. Please do not phone the school because we need to keep the telephone lines clear for staff.
Health and Safety in snowy/icy conditions
The school pathways are gritted when these conditions occur, as is the Foundation Stage play area and the small play area outside the hall and cloakrooms. However, the large playground is not gritted. Please ensure when you walk around the school you stick to the gritted areas as these are less likely to be slippy.
To see the full Severe Weather Policy click here